Friday, May 9, 2014

Last Four of 30 in 30 April 2014

Hello, New 'Do


This one was based on a Shimelle sketch, except I did not have three additional photos for the spaces on the bottom, so I used embellishments instead. I like this design for highlighting a really lovely piece of patterned paper like that delectable blue background with rose clusters. So pretty and quite perfect for this story about my Little Mommy getting a new 'do!


Tasty Memories


I like this page because I was able to incorporate memorabilia, which is something I feel I rarely do at all, and rarely with success. Yes, I did use newspaper, and no, I did not apply expensive spray to render it archival safe. I totally understand the need for that, but in this case, that was not my focus. I used an article that was sent to me by my Mom's cousin about the restaurant we visited where the photo was taken. The top of the article contained a photo of people that of course I don't know and didn't really need to feature on my scrapbook page, so I used that portion of the page for my own photo and embellishment. I was both surprised and delighted at how this page turned out, and it made me want to explore including memorabilia more often.


Mother's Day Cupcakes


Fun layout to create, this one. I love all the leftover bits and pieces from many different collections that all work together to tell the story about cupcakes with my Little Mommy. I did add a set of Thickers to this kit because I was running out of letter sticker options that would work.


Mom Loves Her Books


This one was a bit of a struggle at first, but once I diversified the color scheme, it took off. I liked the background patterned paper because of its flight theme that coordinated nicely with my own theme that books are an adventure and a journey. And aren't those little white hearts from Prima adorable?

And that wraps up the layouts I'm sharing from the 30 in 30 Scrapbooking Challenge, April 2014. To create all these pages, I used My Own Kit, September 2013, and there's more of that kit left, so there'll be more pages to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment