Monday, August 12, 2019

Layout Share - Stories of 2018

The past several weeks have been busy with moving, but I've been fortunate to spend some of my Saturdays cropping at my local scrapbook store. Last week, I completed some layouts I began at crops that only needed journaling and finishing touches.

Here are the ones I did that go in my 2018 yearbook:

At Zola Bistro


I love this patterned paper from Pinkfresh Studio, from their Indigo Hills 2 collection, and I think it pairs well with this photo of me enjoying some cooler weather last August. I used a few other things from the collection, along with some stamping, some Thickers, and some enamel dots to tell an ordinary life story.


You and Me Together


In May, when I was walking around the sales floor at Mega Meet, I caught sight of a collection by Cocoa Vanilla, a company based in Australia, and I used that collection to make this page about Daniel and I going for a walk at our favorite local park. I added stamping, enamel dots, a Thickers word, and some splashes of Heidi Swapp's Color Shine in gold. I have to admit, this page just makes me happy.


Michigan Love


For this page about a visit I made to a cafe in East Lansing, I used several things from Shimelle's Sparkle City collection, along with a title word from Jilliebean Soup's Spoonful of Soul collection, and I put some stamps to work. I always like to include memorabilia on my pages, like the sleeve from the coffee cup I had that day.


Beautiful Day in Nature


This page was a bit of a challenge for me, supply-wise. I was at a crop when I created it, and while I had a whole store-full of supplies at my disposal, I couldn't find anything I thought worked with these photos. Instead, I chose to work with a kit I'd brought with me, and I think the end result is great. I especially like that I used the little squares as journaling block. A simple layout, but I kinda like those.

1 comment: