Monday, June 1, 2020

Layout Share - The Last Straw


For this page about Star Wars: The Last Jedi (and my obvious feelings about it), I used a sketch from a class at Big Picture Classes, modified from 8.5x11 to 12x12. Patterned paper scraps provided all of the elements on the page, except the matte for my photo, which I cut from a 6x6 piece of paper. I added lots of embellishments, including a few hand-drawn doodles, and two different puffy sticker fonts form my long title.

Sometimes, my scrapbook pages don't work for me. I'm not going to redo this one, though it's definitely not my favorite. There's something sort of scattered about my execution of this design, which I've used on other pages I like a lot better than this one. Then again, the movie itself was scattered, as were my feelings about it, so perhaps the page works on a deeper level, even though I don't find it visually appealing.

You win some, you lose some, but this story is told, and I'm ready to move on.

Coming up: my plans for the month of June!

No comments:

Post a Comment