Thursday, March 28, 2019

Thursday 3 - March 28

Do you know about Thursday 3? It's another brilliant way, developed by my friend Kristin at rukristin and the Awesome Ladies Project, to document your life in a few minutes each week AND, perhaps most importantly, to get yourself into the documentation.

Here's how it works: snap a selfie, jot down three things about your life right now, then tag three friends to play along. Done!

I've been doing this on Instagram for awhile, though I'm lazy and hardly ever tag people to play along, and now I'm going to add it to the blog rotation, too.



Three things about my life right now:

1. Working out is making me so happy. Yes, it's hard. I've been doing 30 minutes on the elliptical, and it kicks my 50-year-old butt. It also makes me feel vibrant and triumphant and all those other good things triggered by getting that heart rate up. Today's selfie was taken in the car right after the elliptical and an additional 30 minutes on the treadmill to make up for the fact that I likely won't make it to the gym tomorrow. Definitely tired, but also definitely pleased. Working out is so good for me!

2. Daniel and I are starting the house hunt again, and already, it's looking like a challenge, one that I want to tackle with determination and positive energy. It's so easy to get defeated, like I did last year, when we were looking in an area that ended up not being the right place for us, due to Daniel's employment situation. I'm thinking of creative ways to approach the adventure this time that might help make it a more pleasant, less defeating process.

3. Spring is in the air, and I am really excited about all the warmer-weather adventures heading our way. I have abandoned my coat to the closet for another year, and thankfully, the weather's been just warm enough to be mostly comfortable without it. Today, I saw the first snowdrops poking up through the soil along the sidewalk at the rec center where I work out. Spring's first smiles. I can't wait for the rest of the flowers to show their happy faces, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment