Thursday, March 1, 2018

Awesome Ladies Project Book of Me - January and February

For 2018, the Awesome Ladies started a new project called Book of Me, a way to document your life your way, with prompts each month to provide a focus. I feel honored and delighted to be a part of this project, and I cannot recommend it highly enough. Scrapbooking in all its forms is all good, all necessary, but telling your stories, is the best thing, the imperative thing.

Book of Me is all about that, and there's a community of support that makes this sometimes challenging journey a lot easier, so please take a moment to check it out.

My approach for telling my stories in 2018's Book of Me is a traveler's notebook format with this cover:


I bought that over a year ago at Michaels, their Jane Davenport collection. It is no secret that I love mermaids and have since I was a little bitty girl. My kit of supplies for this project is all the mermaids and all the colors I associate with mermaids and the sea.

My January page spread:


I used a photo of myself taken on January 1st, some patterned paper by Bo Bunny, printable patterned paper created by Rukristin for the course, and an image of a mermaid I stamped and colored awhile back.

The right side page folds out for the journaling:


I used Rukristin and Ali Edwards stamp sets, and die cuts by KaiserCraft, more patterned paper by Bo Bunny, and of course, Distress ink.

For my journaling, I flipped through Kristin Tweedale's 100 Things All About Me workbook (available here) and selected 10 random prompts to answer.

I was really happy with how this layout turned out, and it made me that much more eager to do more work in the traveler's notebook format.

February's page looks like this:


More patterned paper by Bo Bunny, some of it punched into circles and hearts. I used more Rukristin stamps, and a sticker from a set I found in the gift wrapping aisle at Target.

Writing on a photo is one of my favorite ways to include journaling, and I borrowed the idea of taking a picture of my feet in the snow from Kristin.

I am really, really enjoying this project and so looking forward to the prompts ahead, telling more of my stories. This is a Book of Me for me, and I love that most of all.

Don't forget to check out the Awesome Ladies Project and see if Book of Me is something you would like to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment