Friday, May 3, 2019

Flashing Back on Friday - Engagement


On May 1st, 2002, Daniel asked me marry him, and I said yes.

We don't have pictures of that night or the day that led up to it. I wasn't as good at documenting our lives with photography at that time, and we didn't have phone cameras--we didn't even have a digital camera--and there were no such thing as a selfies yet.

A little over a month later, we visited Texas to see my family, and this photo was taken in the Tyler Rose Garden, a place I loved as a pre-teenager and daydreamed would be the location of my wedding someday.

I think it makes the perfect "engagement photo."

I can't believe how quickly 17 (!) years goes by...

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing this picture. I love the story behind it too. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete