Friday, March 21, 2014

Reading Rocks


I had a blast creating this page. I used My Own Kit, July 2013, along with stamps from TPC Studios, My Mind's Eye, Technique Tuesday, and Stamps of Life. The ink is from Ranger and Stampin' Up!

Once I've made several layouts with a kit and the supplies are starting to get sparse, that's when I am the most challenged in my creativity, and that's when it's the most fun for me. My inspiration piece for this page was the 3x4 card to the left of the photo, especially because it coordinates with the blue dress that my adorable niece is wearing. I also wanted to use the library themed journaling card to accompany the theme of the photo, Olivia dressed up as a book character. Those three elements became the basis of the rest of the design, which came together beautifully and gave me the chance to use bits and pieces of patterned paper leftover, as well as create fun embellishments with a variety of stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment