Sunday, November 13, 2016

Flowers - Sketch Inspiration

Lately, I've been into sketches again, and I created this two-page layout from a PageMaps sketch.


I used supplies from one of my favorite collections ever, Bo Bunny's Secret Garden. I did have to tweak the sizes of my photos a little bit to fit the design, and I added an element, the extra journaling box on the left, which is actually the envelope of the card that came with these flowers my sweetheart sent me, turned into a flap to hide the card because its color scheme didn't coordinate with all that purple.

Here's a close-up view of the left page:


And of the right:


I was able to use a lot of dies for this page--the butterfly from Lifestyle Crafts (that used to be QuicKutz), the leaf sprigs from Crate Paper, and the basic shape holding the journaling and the title from Spellbinders.

I admit I had a bit of trouble with this layout, including a mishap with spray mist that lead me to replace pink ribbon at the bottom of the pages with that glitter tape. Sometimes, you just gotta "make it work," as Tim Gunn used to say on Project Runway.

No comments:

Post a Comment