Friday, May 1, 2020

Currently - May 2020


Welcome, May! I haven't done a Currently in quite awhile, so here we go:

Watching: Lots and lots of stuff! Daniel and I subscribed to CBS All Access, with a month free trial that just ended yesterday, and we decided to go ahead and subscribe. We watched The Good Fight, which was a spin-off of one of my favorite shows of all time, The Good Wife, and we binged right through All Rise, which is so, SO good! We also just finished season 6 of Bosch on Amazon Prime, which was also excellent, probably the best season yet, and last night, we watched the series finale of Modern Family. It has crossed my mind that there probably won't be a new TV season in the fall, given the restrictions of the pandemic, so we'll be watching all kinds of stuff we previously missed. Gotta be thankful for the streaming services.

Reading: I've been slowly reading Dan Pfeiffer's book, Yes We Still Can, and I'm enjoying it. Not just the book, but reading itself, though it is still in small bites, due to my aging eyes.

Listening: The bulk of my listening--usually to podcasts--has almost always been done in the car, and since I'm not going anywhere anymore, I have fallen way behind on my podcasts. I have downloaded some new music in the past couple months, including an album by Jon Batiste and, by recommendation, the latest album by Five Seconds of Summer. I also found that my favorite group in high school, Hall and Oates, have an essentials album that I bought because...well...why not? I listened to that while cooking dinner the other night. Good stuff that takes me back...

Making: Inked backgrounds, shapes cut from those inked backgrounds, stamped embellishments, notebook covers, and of course, scrapbook pages. Lots of making going on around these parts, and it's good for me.

Feeling: So many various things, but really, really, REALLY exhausted. Physically and mentally and emotionally. I'm also feeling so very grateful--for Daniel, his steadfast support of me in so many areas, that he can work from home, which reduces our exposure to the COVID-19 virus significantly; that we can use a service like Shipt and the brave shoppers who work to bring us groceries and essentials, which reduces our exposure even more; for so many people working in frontline arenas to keep people safe, keep the virus from spreading, tend to those who are sick.

Planning: My Celebrate June project, which I'll be officially announcing on the blog soon!

Loving: Humans and how we cope and stand strong and love and forgive and help each other. I am so often really disappointed in people, especially during this miserable pandemic crisis, but I've also seen an outpouring of human love and compassion, and that gives me hope and solace and smiles. We all need all three of those, right now more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment