Friday, May 1, 2020

Layout Share - Date Night


I admit, I struggled really hard with getting this page started, particularly because I couldn't find supplies that I thought coordinated with the colors in the photos or the theme of the story. I went with a mini kit I put together with pieces of the Romance collection from Simple Stories, but I didn't initially love the choice because it seemed more "wedding" than anything else.

Sometimes, I find myself powering through on a scrapbook page, not liking it in the beginning, but really being happy with the end result. Creative perseverance usually gets the job done, and that is what happened with this page about my husband planning a date night for us at a special Ann Arbor  restaurant.

I did a lot of fussy cutting for this project, and I used more embellishments than I usually do, most from the Simple Stories collection. I did use a some pink stripe patterned paper from Carta Bella, a very old Bo Bunny doily, some enamel dots, and those delicious gold puffy hearts I love so much. Black glitter Thickers for the title perfectly accompany the other details of that color in a layout that makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment