Tuesday, February 19, 2013

February 2013 Add On Kit

I've been trying out assembling my own kits, as I've posted previously, and as I started thinking about what I was scrapbook project I was going to work on next, I decided the February kit would be great for the album I wanted to do of our 10th anniversary photos from October, 2012.

Except I would need more supplies to even make a dent in all those photos. (It's amazing how many photos I can take in one day!)


Autumn Leaves was the theme of our wedding, and it continues to weave through our anniversaries, so I gathered some fall supplies that loosely coordinate with the existing kit, at least sharing some similar colors. The style is definitely not the same, particularly the Bo Bunny papers, which are more elegant, less quirky, than the style of the other papers and supplies I chose.

But I'm making it work.

I also wanted to add some stamp sets and some spray inks. I chose the word stamps by Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday because I love the sentiments and style of those, and I selected an autumn themed stamp set, also from Technique Tuesday because I love it, and it hasn't been used much.

This kit thing, assembling my own from mostly stuff in my own stash? It's working out really well. I'm thinking of assembling more kits, not just one per month, and really putting my stash to use.

Coming soon: layouts I'm creating with these kits.

No comments:

Post a Comment