Saturday, February 9, 2013

January 2013 Kit - Layout 3

Blur


One of the patterned papers in my January 2013 kit was printed to look like layers of patterned paper pieces, with a old Polaroid "frame" at its center. I brought out my craft knife and cut around some of the  faux layers, then adhered the paper to card stock and added dimensional adhesive to make the layers look more real. I also added additional patterned paper pieces to make the design more my own. I cut apart a sticker to create the title, completing it with letter stickers. The numeral element was the remnant of a die cut I used in the second layout from this kit, which added to the idea of the layout, time passing on New Year's Eve.

When I first saw that patterned paper, part of a kit club subscription kit from awhile back, I wasn't totally enamored of it, but I made it work for me, and I like the way this layout turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment