Friday, March 15, 2013

My Own Kit - March 2013

The beginning of March, I was not feeling well, and that meant that I didn't start working on creating my own scrapbooking kit until the month was well underway.

With March half over, here is the kit I assembled:


My inspiration was partially St. Patrick's Day, with its focus on the green we all start to crave around this time of year, at least those of us who live in areas where winter is lingering, and you can see some specifically themed St. Patty's bits and pieces that I hope to use in documenting our celebration of our Irish heritage. I was also inspired by the pinks in the new Doodlebug collection, as well as those similar tones in the Amy Tangerine collection called Yes, Please.

Once I established my color inspiration and picked up a few new goodies, I went to my stash and grabbed anything that was either pink or green or white. Some of the pieces I added were stickers cut from a stickers sheet because I want to use up as much of my current stash as possible. There's lots of wonderful things to play with there, including a mini-book from Amy Tangerine, which contains pages I plan to tear out and use on 12x12 layouts. (I can't recall where I saw that done in the past, but I love the idea.)

I'm hoping to make some time this weekend to start crafting with that lovely kit, and I'll share as soon as we lose the gloom so pervasive in the fair state of Michigan. (It's even supposed to snow again this evening!)

Coming soon: I'll be sharing my own kit for April, along with an announcement for next month, involving the creation of 30 scrapbook pages in 30 days. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you've been sick Mel and I hope you're feeling much better now. :)

    This is an amazing looking kit you've put together! I know you'll make amazing things with it...
    - April

    ReplyDelete