Thursday, February 20, 2020

Animal Kingdom - Part Three

(I mention often that it's really difficult for me to get good photos of my pages, especially with the nearly constant Michigan gloom, but if I waited for perfect (or even great) photos, I'd never post anything, so...I'm practicing some acceptance, here.)

Welcome back to my Animal Kingdom layout share. Let's get started with a page about the ride we found kind of disappointing.


Kali River "Rapids"


So, the ride was disappointing--we barely got splashed at all, and it was definitely NOT rapid!--but I absolutely love this page. A few years ago, Daniel gave me a wall calendar containing 12 Thomas Kincade Disney pictures, and I have so enjoyed using those as backgrounds to tell Disney stories. I chose background for this story simply because it had a river with some rapids in the background, and the colors were quite compatible with the photo. I stuck with simple embellishments because there's so much going on in the background, and I was able to use up a package of stickers. The turtle on the bottom of the page is meant to hint at the slowness of the ride.


Let's Go Again


This page about riding Expedition Everest a second time is composed mostly of supplies from an Ali Edwards kit called Adventure. I added a couple of Pinkfresh Studio stickers, some enamel dots, and REALLY old Basic Grey letter stickers that had to be reinforced with extra adhesive, along with the background patterned paper from Photoplay. I love how this page turned out, and I like that I was able to use something that's been in my stash awhile in a bit of an unexpected way.


One more installment of Animal Kingdom layouts tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment