Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Animal Kingdom - Part Two

Welcome to Part Two of my Animal Kingdom layout share. Here are two more layouts from our day at Animal Kingdom in the summer of 2018.


Rain


I had so much fun creating this two-page layout. The page on the left is part of a poncho we bought during torrential rain that started just as our roller coaster train ascended the first rise on Expedition Everest. I love including memorabilia on my scrapbook pages, and I had the perfect piece of patterned paper to serve as the backdrop.


For the page on the right, I created a title with Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock, die cut with very old (and infinitely useful) dies from a now-defunct company called QuicKutz. I used two colors of Distress inks to color the letters to match the cloud and rain drop chipboard embellishments that were given to me by a friend, and I also used the same grey ink to turn the felt cloud embellishments by Jolees the color of rain. Another thing I love to do is use "white" space on a photo for journaling, and that turned out really well here, I think.


Coffee Love


For this page about waiting out the rain at a Starbucks, I did a fair amount of fussy cutting. I had a scrap of patterned paper with several images of clouds, which I put to good use as embellishments, adding die-cut coffee cups and some enamel dots, puffy hearts, and gem raindrops. The final touch was droplets of Heidi Swapp Color Shine in teal (I think?), which finishes off this fun page nicely.


Tomorrow, more Animal Kingdom pages, including one about a ride that didn't quite live up to its name for us.

1 comment:

  1. Great pages again! You look like you had a really great time. Scrapbooking is such a great way of documenting and enjoying those memories again.

    ReplyDelete