Wednesday, December 5, 2012

One Little Word - 2013


For the past several years, I've chosen a word of the year, inspired by Ali Edwards. I've had joy, organization, and focus in the past, and last year I took Ali's class at Big Picture Classes with the word solace.

This year, I didn't take the class again, but I used the materials from the previous year as a jumping off point to explore the word I chose--time--on my own with a few little changes to make it mine. One thing I added was a self-interview, which I did in June as a halfway-point check-in, repeated today for the end-of-year wrap-up, a little early.

As I have been completing the prompts for December, I started thinking about what my word for 2013 might be. One thing that has come up repeatedly in the two years I've been doing the class Ali designed  is how important writing is to me, how it soothes me, gives me space to be totally and authentically myself, how it's where I run when I need to vent, how it makes me happy.

And this year, how I never seem to have enough time for it.

So...for 2013, I have chosen writing as my word of the year. I'm not sure if I'll be working with the One Little Word course materials from the past two years; I think Ali's planning on a new One Little Word class with new materials, so I might do that.

But I've also got some of my own ideas of how to explore and pursue writing and make it more a part of my every day.

There were other words I considered, but when I thought of writing, it felt...well...right.

No comments:

Post a Comment