Thursday, July 25, 2013

Five Favorites - CHA Summer

Throughout this week and last, I've been checking out sneak peeks and total reveals of lots and lots of new products debuting as CHA, the Craft-Hobby Association show, happened in Las Vegas.

Oh, the pretties...

Creating a Pinterest board of all the stuff that caught my eye, I wound up with 28 pins or so. Lots of absolutely gorgeous patterned papers coming out in the months ahead, some I can't wait to get my hands on, one I've already got my hands on (see this post). Some innovative embellishments and tools, too, and just a whole lot of creativity that totally inspires me to want to get crafting.

Here are five favorites:

1. Tim Holtz Layering Stencils

(photo from the Tim Holtz blog)

I want to reach into the screen and drag those stencils out and start playing with them, and I absolutely LOVE that they can be collected onto a jump ring. Oh, the creative potential and convenience! I might not need every single one, but I'm going to need most of them.

Check out all the cool stuff these babies will do on Tim's blog.


2. Webster's Pages Family Traditions

(photo from Webster's Pages blog)

I love the color scheme, the florals and rustics and some papers with both. I love the adorable bird "trinkets" and just every little piece of this collection that could be used for autumn-themed pages, of course, but certainly wouldn't have to be. Versatility is awesome. Check out the rest of Family Traditions at the Webster's Blog.


3. Merry & Bright paper from Heidi Swapp's Believe Collection

(photo from Heidi Swapp's blog)

The whole Believe collection is great, but this patterned paper really captured my fancy because I am SO into stars right now. I also love "merry and bright" as a holiday greeting, so this paper is perfect for me. Lots of other tempting tasties from this collection. Do check it all out at the Heidi Swapp blog.


4. Washi Tape from Doodlebug's Happy Harvest Collection

(photo from Doodlebug Designs Blog)

The whole Happy Harvest collection is A-DOR-able! Check it out at the Doodlebug blog. SO much bright and happy color, you gotta dig it. But I honed in on the washi tape, especially the leafy one. Such cuteness, and so many opportunities to autumn up a scrapbook page. Oh, when can I have it? WHEN?


5. Star Overlay from Webster's Pages It's Christmas Collection

(photo from Webster's Pages blog)

Oh, oh, oh. As soon as I caught a glimpse of that star overlay, I knew I would need it. Lots of it. Several sheets of it. Imagine how utterly nifty that will look in a December Daily mini book or a Journal Your Christmas album. I. Can't. Wait. The rest of the collection, which you can dutifully check out at the Webster's Pages blog, has all kinds of great papers and pieces, and I also have my eye on a stamp set that's part of this collection--again with the stars!--so awesome.


So, those are five of my favorites. I could go on, but given how many wonderful things I've seen, that could take me all night, so we'll settle in at five wonders I want to add to my stash at the earliest possible moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment