Saturday, July 6, 2013

My Poor Neglected Blog

No posts...in an entire month?

That just won't do.

To be fair, June was busier than ever, and I didn't do a lot of scrapbooking at all. I did keep up with my daily practice of taking pictures and documenting my life as caregiver to two people. I already have the photos printed, thanks to Persnickety Prints, and I've assembled a nice kit of supplies to use in the album I'm making with all the photos and memorabilia.

I also managed to get some pages created using a system designed by Shimelle Laine which I learned in her class The Perfect Collection. I have a few more to finish up, and I'll be posting about those in more detail shortly.

I also had a birthday, so that means I need to create my yearly page about myself at this brand new age, and that will happen (hopefully) by the end of this summer. I love doing those pages, tracking what matters to me, who I am, as the years go by.

My husband started a new job, and he is so much happier than he was at the old job. My nephew is done with his third round of chemotherapy, and we've started the ball rolling on the bone marrow transplant likely to happen later this year.

Free time, time to create, is in short supply these days. I'm hoping I can squeeze out some time for that soon. May Flaum's Camp Scrap over at Big Picture Classes provided a wealth of ideas and inspiration, and I treated myself to a shopping spree at Joann.com that I can't wait to start using. The box just arrived as I was typing this post!

Next post I'm going to share a page I did inspired by Camp Scrap, with more to follow as I work through the ideas in each of the handouts. Even though the class is officially over, I still want to put the things I learned into practice and get that creative mojo workin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment