Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My Own Kit - May 2013

At long last, I took a photo of My Own Kit that I assembled for May of this year, (not that I'm behind at all), and mostly because I wanted to use some of the supplies on a layout for the Hello, Story class at Big Picture.


The inspiration for this kit was that package of 6x6 papers from Little Yellow Bicycle, a little different color scheme than I usually gravitate toward. I started with some new supplies, going through my stash for older bits and pieces, even small bits cut from large sticker sheets, to add to the kit. I threw in quite a few stamps and lots and lots of different kinds of embellishments. This kit is packed! I wanted a wealth of options. The more I use these kits I create for myself, the better I get at balancing the number of each type of supply I include.

For the first layout I made with this kit, I already had to add some letter stickers as the packages of Thickers I included are already out of most of the most common letters. I wish letter sticker manufacturers would produce packets of stickers that include more E's and T's and fewer Q's and Z's. I can't be the only one running out of key letters when there are still plenty of letters I won't ever use.

But...I digress.

I still have quite a bit of the April kit to work with, and I went through my notebook of layouts to create to choose a few for that one, as well as this new one. We're having quite the busy summer, and I'm not getting as much scrapbooking done as I would like. I'm hoping to spend a few hours on scrapbooking tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment