Thursday, June 5, 2014

My Own Kit - March 2014


I'm pretty sure I've been creating My Own Kits for scrapbooking for a year, now, and though I'm way behind in using them, I do enjoy the process of putting these together. Kits have inspired me and enabled me to do my very best scrapbook layouts, and it's going to be part of my process for a long time to come.


For my March kit, I chose a complete collection by Simple Stories as my kit base, including the coordinating brads. A Charmed Life is full of the greens I connect with St. Patrick's Day and spring, as well as lovely shades of blue with lots of pops of bright yellow. I added a few papers from a Carta Bella collection, some white flowers I cut from card stock with a Tim Holtz Sizzix die, buttons from all different manufacturers, some twine from American Crafts, some paper flowers a friend gave me, some gems, enamel dots from My Mind's Eye, and some older acrylic flowers from Heidi Swapp.

Another addition I'm pretty excited about is that stamp set from Stampin' Up! I can't wait to play with, and I think this is just the collection to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment