Wednesday, September 2, 2015

30 in 30 Stamping - A Personal Challenge

30 in 30 Scrapbooking was a challenge I used to run that involved creating 30 Scrapbook layouts in 30 days, with no daily requirement. This was my own answer to daily scrapbooking challenges that, because of my specific circumstances, I had no chance of completing, leaving me feeling frustrated and defeated.

I could still complete a lot of pages in a month's time, but without trying to scrape together enough time and energy and daylight each day to complete a whole page. I could do 3 pages on 10 days or 5 pages on 6 days or even 15 pages in a weekend, and taking decent photos wasn't as hard to navigate--even the cloudy state of Michigan has a few days of sunshine in a month's time.

I haven't done that challenge in quite awhile, but recently, I decided it might be a good time to do it again, just for me. See, I love stamping, and I have a lot of stamps. I'm part of a Stampin' Up! hostess club, which means I typically order at least one stamp set each month, and I don't love those stamps just sitting on a shelf, not being used.

Recently, as I was going through my stash of supplies to sell the things I didn't want at a local scrapbook store garage sale, I was amazed at just how many wonderful stamps I have, and I was motivated to work on getting more of those stamps used in my paper-crafting projects.

So, I decided that this September, I'm going to personally challenge myself to select 10 stamp sets and use each one on three different paper-crafting projects. There's no per day requirement, just that I complete those thirty projects in the thirty days of September.

Think I can do it?

I'm pretty sure I can, and I am excited to give it a try.

Here are the 10 stamp sets I've chosen for my own personal 30 in 30 Stamping Challenge, September 2015:

1. Thinking of You by Penny Black - I bought this set when I visited a brand new (to me) local scrapbook store. I kept walking away and kept walking back, intrigued by how I could use those appealing images on my scrapbook pages.



2. Watercolor by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous - I love the variety in this set, and while I have used it a little bit, I want to use it a whole lot more.



3. Carte Postale by Stampin' Up! - I've had this set, an old one, for a long time, and I've used it a lot for cards and little details on scrapbook pages. For me, this is a stamp set that sparks joy. I love it, and I want to use it even more.



4. Mixed Bouquet by Stampin' Up! - At that same LSS garage sale I mentioned, I found this set, only lightly used, and I think it was maybe $4.00. I remember liking it when it originally appeared in the Stampin' Up! catalog, but somehow, I never got around to purchasing it before it was retired. Now, I can't wait to play and explore the many, many possibilities! (That scribbly rose?? Adorbs!)



5. Butterfly Basics by Stampin' Up! - Just beautiful images and textures. I'm thinking pages about my sweet little Mommy would be a good place to use these.



6. Flower Patch by Stampin' Up! - I've seen some awesome things done with this set, and to add another level to the creativity, I also have the matching dies to make cutting out pieces and layering easy peasy!



7. For All Things by Stampin' Up! - The watercolor look appeals to me so much, and my favorite season is fall, so I'm going to have a lot of fun playing with this one.



8. Morning Cup by Stampin' Up! - No secret that I am a long time coffee lover. I bought this set because one of the sentiments made me laugh out loud. Literally. I don't think I've used it more than once, so I'm going to remedy that.



9. Work of Art by Stampin' Up! - Another set I've seen used in many creative ways, and I'm inspired to see how I can make it work.



10. Sheltering Tree by Stampin' Up! - As soon as I saw this set, I wanted it. Needed it. Still, it hasn't gotten much play in my paper-crafting life, so that's why it made the list.



I can hardly wait to get out the blocks and the ink and the paper and get started. I'll be sharing my projects as I complete them throughout the month of September.

2 comments:

  1. So excited to create vicariously through you! Love that tree set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stamp sets you have chosen. I can totally relate to "discovering" items in one's stash... I'm inspired to pull out some old stamps and play along... maybe not all 30 days... :)

    ReplyDelete