Saturday, September 26, 2015

Stamping Challenge - The First Set

As I mentioned in this post at the beginning of the month, I challenged myself to create three projects with each of ten stamp sets in the 30 days of September.

Here is the first set, Butterfly Basics by Stampin' Up!:


And here are the projects I created:

1. Happy Layout


For this layout featuring my adorable mother, I used three of the stamps. One butterfly to create an embellishment, one as a border on the left side of the page and for the top and bottom of the photo, and the small butterfly as an embellishment and to add some pops of color. The rest of the supplies were from kits, and I used a set of die cuts by Maggie Holmes to cut the large flower and leaves.


2. Happy Birthday Card


While it is not a total "scrap lift," the inspiration for this card came from one I saw on SplitCoastStampers, and I liked the color scheme so much I used it on the second layout, too.


3. That Smile Layout


First, I created two 3x4 cards to pair with the photo, using three of the stamps in the set. I then created a butterfly embellishment by embossing with clear and just a pinch of glittery powder. (Unfortunately, that shimmer doesn't show in the photo, but in person, it looks awesome!) I added letter stickers for the title, some buttons, one small enamel dot, a little touch of pen work, and a sprinkling of gold mist.

Next up, set number two.

No comments:

Post a Comment