Saturday, September 26, 2015

Stamping Challenge - The Second Set

The next set in my 30 in 30 Stamping Challenge, September 2015, is the Watercolor set by Tim Holtz:



And here are the projects I created with this set:

1. Here We Go Layout


For this one, I stamped the border stamp of hearts on white card stock in green ink, then used a wet paintbrush to blur the ink just a little bit and give the image a more watercolored look. I used the bigger heart stamp as a background for the photo and journaling, and I added the title with Thickers and some Jilliebean Soup letter stickers. A whole bunch of hearts stamped on scraps of patterned paper and cut out, along with those Thicker hearts and some splatters of brown Glimmer Mist complete the page.


2. Autumn Reading Love Book


For my next project, I created this mini book to keep track of all the books I'm going to read this autumn. I used the heart stamps again, the bigger one for the circle on the cover, and both the large and the border stamps for some decoration of the pages, below.



The rest of the supplies for this little book came from a kit of autumn-themed supplies I collected awhile back, including papers from Doodlebug and a set of embellishments from Jolee's. I even managed to use up a couple pieces of ribbon. I can't wait to fill it up with book titles, maybe a photo or two!


3. Three Butterfly Pocket Cards


For these three cards, I used Distress markers, colored directly on the stamps, then spritzed with water and stamped on specialty stamping card stock. I had to do a lot of trial-and-error on this technique as it's not one I've done a lot, and I needed some practice before I got the result I wanted. I stitched on the cards with my sewing machine and added some word stickers, also from Tim Holtz. There's a story I want to tell about a day I went to one of my favorite parks and saw a monarch butterfly flitting about. I chose colors that would coordinate with those photos.

Next Up, set number three.

No comments:

Post a Comment