Saturday, October 13, 2012

Because of This Day

On an autumn day in 1962...


...George and Rachel got married.

Because of their courage to trust in love again, after both being burned so badly by it before;

because of their commitment to hold onto each other through whatever turbulence life brought, and it brought plenty;

because they showed the world, including their own daughter, what true love is;

because of their example, I wanted the best, and I waited for it;

Because of that day in October, fifty years ago today, I married my Daniel, and we are as happy as my parents were.

We lost my father in 2003, but love like theirs doesn't die.

Love like theirs lives on in all who knew them together, in the lives they touched and in the daughter they inspired to want that kind of love for herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment