Thursday, January 10, 2013

JYC - Christmas Eve Number 1

My friend Amy, who is also a scrapbooker, and one of the most passionate creative people I know, dropped off a gift at my house over the holidays, and it included a wonderful die cut tag of zazzy red glitter.

I knew I had to use it on a scrapbook page.

One of the things that delights me like nothing else is snow. I love it so much. Probably because I grew up in the South where snow was rare if ever, and I craved it and the cold that comes with it so very much.

Michigan, where I live, is supposed to have those snowy winters I fantasized about as a child, but the past couple years...not so much. We got a little sprinkling on the 21st of December, and while it was pretty, my husband and I had the same word for it: pitiful.

But Christmas Eve rolled around, and we got snow. Real snow.

It made me so happy, and I wanted to capture that happiness on a scrapbook page, using that tag Amy gave me, which had the word Joy in it.


Very rarely do I have a clear picture in my head of the page design I want to use. This page, though, was practically done in my head before I sat down to put it together, and I love it. Simple, sparkly, using an element someone gave me as a gift. It came together so easily.

I love when that happens.

I almost forgot to include a closeup of the title so you can gander at all that luscious red glitter!



Supplies from Echo Park Paper, October Afternoon, Pebbles, Thickers, and Queen & Company.

There's a companion page that contains the journaling, but I didn't take a picture of that because I wanted to keep it just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment