Thursday, January 10, 2013

JYC - Christmas Eve Number 2

All Wrapped Up


This one was so much fun to put together. I started with the photos, of course, and I tried them with several pieces of patterned paper, including one form the Echo Park This and That Christmas collection that has a delectable poinsettia pattern. But that didn't work because the photos covered up too much of the pattern.

I wanted to use a die cut doily my friend Amy (she of the Joy tag!) let me take home from luncheon she had for me, my Mom, and her neighbor earlier in the season. I cut it in half so I could repeat that pattern in two places on the page.

It worked perfectly and set the tone for including gold shimmer other places on the layout, particularly the title. To add more red and to break up the wall of photos just a bit, I cut apart a border strip and accented it with periods from the same set of Thickers I used for the title, as well as accents on the left side of the page and bottom.

A little holly, a few snowflakes, some bits cut out from another border strip, a bit of journaling, and the page was done.

One of my favorites so far.

I've still got quite a few layouts to create, but I've got plans for all of them except the Christmas Day pages. I'll share more as I complete them.

1 comment:

  1. Great page Mel! All of the little details look wonderful...

    ReplyDelete