Thursday, January 10, 2013

JYC - Ornaments

One of the prompts for the Journal Your Christmas class was to write about decorations.

Since Daniel and I have been together, I've been giving him photo ornaments of us each year. The first three were Hallmark ornaments, but then Hallmark stopped making them, so I started getting them from Michaels. In 2002, the photo in the ornament was from our wedding. The years after, I made a point to have a photo of us taken together on our anniversary, and that photo went into the ornament. I only missed one year, and that year, I gave Daniel a framed photo, rather than an ornament because I simply couldn't find one.


The 9-slot divided page protector gave me plenty of room to include photos of all the ornaments, plus embellishment and journaling. I used Echo Park's This and That Christmas collection, along with some various other goodies to dress things up, and I adapted lyrics from "Blue Christmas" to fit with my story.

Here's the reverse side:


(Not the greatest photo, I apologize, but it gives the idea.)

I love this tradition that I created as a gift to both of us. Eventually, we'll have enough ornaments to fill a small tree all by itself, as the years go by...

No comments:

Post a Comment