Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Welcome, October


Beautiful morning out there today. Bright sunshine, cool temperatures, a perfect autumn day.

I love days like these. I'm hoping to be out in it later on, getting in some exercise, maybe some lovely fall photos. Sipping a chai or pumpkin latte, soaking in the breathtaking colors of the turning leaves.

October remains my favorite month of the year for so many reasons. This is the month my favorite season really gets off the ground, and it's the month my husband and I celebrate the day we pledged forever to each other.

This October, my family is taking the difficult journey of bone marrow transplant with my nephew. The first steps of that journey begin soon, and it will be a fairly long one I'm planning to document, not only for his benefit, but also for the grounding effect memory-keeping has on me.

I'm hoping that among the harrowing days of juggling caregiving for my nephew and my mother at the same time, among the stress and fatigue and worry that's bound to come from a medical procedure with a long list of risks and a lengthy recovery period, I'll find moments of joy, bursts of happiness, to keep me fueled for the tough road we'll be traveling for the next few months.

Here's to October and whatever's it has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment