Tuesday, November 10, 2015

30 in 30 Thankfully - Number 9

(Changing from "day" to "number" because I'm having trouble sticking to a daily format.)


A moment in time, I don't even know for sure what moment, captured on film. In this picture, taken sometime in 1979 or 1980, most likely, but that's a wild guess at best, I am with my mother on a paddle boat at Tyler State Park in Texas.

I think that's where we were.

I don't have a specific memory of that day, that moment, with my Mom, but I remember her being kind and loving. I remember her laughing and being a lot of fun. I remember her making an effort to make my life full and happy, and teaching me by example to enjoy moments.

Lately, with the holidays approaching especially, I'm feeling more in touch with the loss of my Mom this year.

I am thankful that I have so many happy memories of her.

Like the one in this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment