Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Currently Me Mini-Album

I spent my (inter)National Scrapbooking Weekend fighting off a cold virus, resting in the recliner, and wishing my physical energy matched my creative motivation, augmented by all the inspiration online. Yesterday, I felt well enough to start on eight challenges from the Awesome Ladies Project's NSD online crop, creating a Currently Me mini-album, which I finished today.

I started with the Awesome Ladies Currently Me kit, and I added letter stickers, a package of puffy stickers by Fancy Pants, three colors of Distress ink, black Archival ink by Ranger, several Story Stamp sets by Ali Edwards, a few bits and pieces from the odds and ends dish on my table, and a length of camera ribbon given to me by my friend Sandi.


That camera card being so adorable, I used it for my front cover:



I also used two letters from a package of Thickers to add some pizzazz to the title.

And here are the pages of the mini album:

Name/Date/Place


Watching


Reading


Listening


Making


Feelings


Planning


Loves



Generally, my tastes run in a different direction from the graphic style of these supplies, but I wanted to challenge myself to use this kit, stretch my color/style comfort zone a bit. It took just a few hours to put this project together, including the taking and printing of photos, and I had such a blast working on it. I love how it turned out.

Big thanks to the Awesome Ladies Project for the online crop, inspiration, and challenges that lead to me documenting some current details of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment