Monday, May 1, 2017

Right Now - May 2017

It's a new month, and I'm using it as an opportunity to start blogging again. While I'd like to blog every day this month, I make no promises. I'm historically not great at any kind of everyday challenge, but we'll see if I can at least blog more often than once every several months.

Let's start off with what's going on in my happy life, currently:

Reading: Really, not much. I go through stages when I hardly read at all and miss it so much. Occasionally, I do read articles in the Washington Post online, but even that doesn't happen as often as it did just after the election last November.

Cheering: The many, many people across these United States who are making their voices heard in marches and at town hall meetings of their Congressional representatives. Their influence is making positive change happen and helping keep the government from making harmful policies that would adversely affect us all. Keep up the good work, fellow citizens!

Watching: The Rachel Maddow Show, Scandal, The Resistance with Keith Olbermann, Big Bang Theory, and I just started the Iron Fist on Netflix. Not sure if I'll keep up with that one or not just yet.

Learning: Mixed media canvases, both by watching videos from the latest May Flaum class called In the Details, which I highly recommend, and by jumping in and doing it.

Planning: To clean out our garage and unload some of our stuff from the storage unit, particularly books, CD's and DVD's.

Working: Thinking about what's next in the arena of work.

Making: All kinds of scrapbook pages, and yesterday, I had an afternoon of play, using three new Distress oxide inks I bought a few weeks ago, as well as some texture paste and stencils. I am thinking about making a junk journal, and I will post photos/details about that if it happens.

Avoiding: A long overdue trip to the dentist. Those visits are never good news.

Eating: Not as well as I should, but I intend to change that.

Buying: Sandals for the summer, possibly new cell phones before summer's end. Paper-crafting supplies, especially with MegaMeet coming up in a couple weeks, and I can hardly wait!

Trying: To get inspired to cook more often.

Drinking: Coffee and water, as always. The occasional hazelnut steamed milk from Starbucks, and also the occasional beer after a bit of a hiatus.

Enjoying: So many things! The spring weather, including the rain. The absolutely gorgeous spring blooms everywhere I look. A new (to me) podcast called Pod Save America. Drinking coffee in the morning with my sweetie. Participating in the Awesome Ladies Project.

Hoping: To be able to keep up a steady blogging momentum throughout the month of May and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment