Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Incorporating Memorabilia

Going on vacation, even if it's a short weekend getaway, almost always means I come home with at least a few pieces of memorabilia. Tickets, pamphlets, tourist guides, maps, receipts, I collect all kinds of little bits and pieces reminiscent of my adventures, and not only when I'm on vacation. I like to incorporate memorabilia into my scrapbooking because it often includes additional detail of whatever I'm documenting.

Here are three layouts I created with different kinds of memorabilia from my 2014 vacation to Florida.


Beach Gear Shopping


For this layout, I didn't have a photo. We shopped for our beach gear at Target, and I probably could've found a picture of a random Target store, maybe even the specific one we visited, online, but I decided this small bunch of tags from the items we bough, along with the receipt, were sufficient for visually telling this story about our shopping trip before we hit the beach.


At the Beach - Pure Joy


This page contains only one piece of memorabilia, our parking tag/receipt for our delightful visit to the beach. The layout would have worked just as well without the memorabilia, but I included it because it provides details that aren't included in the journaling.


Epic Vacation


(Apologies for the not-so-great photo)

Part of our Florida trip was four days at a Disney resort, and a few days after we returned, we received a thank-you card from Disney, including a drawing of Mickey Mouse. I created this two-page layout for my 2014 yearbook to reference our epic vacation (which was documented separately), incorporating the note and drawing on the right side, and the envelope on the left.


I'm always looking for good ideas for using memorabilia in scrapbooking, so feel free to share in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment