Thursday, June 20, 2019

Thursday 3 - June 20


Time for an update in the form of Thursday 3:

1. That's me on Monday of this week, sitting on the porch steps of our new home. I've been packing and preparing and making lists, but now that we have taken possession, the moving adventure is no longer idling; it is full speed ahead.

2. This week, we met with the painter and agreed to his estimate. I met with the owner of the moving company and accepted their estimate, setting a moving date. I've packed most of the scrapbooks, among a lot of other stuff. Today, I finished removing the drawer pulls and cabinet door handles from the kitchen and bought new ones. I took down the curtains left by the sellers of the house, and I've already weeded three of the six gardening beds. I've also started to deal with changing addresses and the 900,000 other things that moving entails.

3. Meanwhile, I'm starting to feel more at home and less foreign in our new place. There's still so much to do to make it ours, and it's going to take awhile. I reminded myself this morning that the last move was a LOT more difficult, and I got this.

I got this.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new house! How exciting! A place to call your very own. I'm sure you'll be very happy there.

    ReplyDelete