Thursday, June 27, 2019

Thursday 3 - June 27


Well, that week flew by, and it's Thursday again, which means Thursday 3:

1. Remember when I said last week that the moving adventure was done idling, and it was full speed ahead? Yeah, now it's more like being swallowed whole by all things moving-related. Not that I'm complaining, not at all. I'm up to it, even if I do feel overwhelmed and a little shakey, and damn it, if I'm not going to miss this apartment that's been our home for 3 years!

2. If I have ever watched an entire political debate, I don't recall it. Last night, that changed. I watched the first installment of the Democratic Primary debates, with live commentary from Crooked Media (the folks who bring us Pod Save America, Lovett or Leave It, and a whole lineup of other great podcasts) on Facebook. I'm actually looking forward to the second round tonight.

3. Summer has definitely arrived in Southeast Michigan! It's hot out there, folks. (Okay, not Texas or Florida hot, but still.) Probably my favorite part of summer--really the ONLY thing I like about it; I'm not someone who enjoys being hot--is the flowers. They're everywhere. Every time I turn around, something else is blooming, and now? I have beds I can plant with any flowers I want. (hint: hydrangeas!) Flowers make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment