Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Creating Notebook Covers

Lately, I've been doing a lot of journaling, and just before the COVID-19 crisis reached the level requiring quarantine at home, I bought two packages of my favorite Moleskine journaling notebooks from my local Barnes and Noble.

With a slight adjustment, these notebooks fit inside my traveler's notebook covers by Echo Park that I bought a couple of years ago and change out seasonally. I have to cut the covers and pages of the notebooks down about 3/4 of an inch, and I always make covers to adhere to the front.

Last Saturday, during an online Simple Scrapper crop, I created these two covers:


Using a patterned paper scrap from my stash as background, I played with an adorable mermaid stamp set I bought as part of a card kit from Simon Says Stamp well over a year ago and some Distress inks.  I colored in parts of the mermaid with shimmer pens, and I used Sticko foam letter stickers, adding extra adhesive to make sure they stay put.



For this one, I used more patterned paper scraps, fussy cutting one image as a focal point. After adhering everything, I used shimmer pens to outline some parts of some flowers, though it's not even slightly visible in the photo. (I swear, the sun DOES sometimes shine in Michigan. Just not very much in March.)

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Does the sun shine? You wouldn't know it lately lol.

    ReplyDelete