Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Layout Share - 4th of July

In a previous post, I shared the backgrounds I've been making with Distress spray stains, and last week, I used one of those backgrounds on a page about me, my husband, and my nephew celebrating the 4th of July back in 2017.

Here is a photo of the background I created with Distress spray stains in Festive Berries, Salty Ocean, and Black Soot.


I used my trusty circle dies to cut several different sizes of circle from the 5.25 x 4 background, using those as embellishments on my page.


For about a month, now, I've been trying to get older supplies onto my scrapbook pages, and with this layout, I was able to use some patterned paper I've had a long time, a film strip print from a Shimelle collection, which I cut into strips to border my three photos, since the story is about going to see a movie. I also used older star embellishments, including stars and enamel dots. For the title, I used a cut file from Silhouette, which I cut out on my Cameo, and some letter stickers from a Shimelle sticker pack.

As the pandemic crisis continues, I expect scrapbooking supplies to become more difficult to acquire, and I like having the ability to create embellishments from things I have on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment