Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Layout Share - March 2020

During late February and early March, I was taking part in some Use Your Stash challenges, and I created some layouts from supplies I set aside to hopefully use up.

Here are some of those layouts:

Secret Pal Gift


I've been working on pages for my 2017 yearbook, and this is a layout about a secret pal exchange I participated in for Valentine's Day that year.

The challenge I followed for this page was from Crafty Jen Schow and involved using something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue. So, here's the breakdown:

Old: patterned paper scraps I've had in my stash a long, LONG time.
New: the puffy letter stickers that spell "Secret Pal Gift."
Borrowed: the butterflies were made with a stamp I borrowed from my friend Cathie.
Blue: it's in the background and on several stickers.

Initially, I intended to add some color to those butterflies, but I think they work so much better black and white.


Happy Day Together


For this page, I used some Simple Stories stickers that were given to me by my friend Shirley quite awhile ago, paired with some other supplies from the same collection that were still available at my local scrapbook store, Scrappy Chic Livonia. (They're still doing online orders, so check out their website!)

I used some cut apart cards from a piece of patterned paper and did some fussy cutting, and I used two different sets of Thickers, along with chipboard and card stock stickers to embellish this page that makes me wistful for happier times when going out for brunch was de rigeur.


Celebrating the 2nd 14th


When I first starting to put this layout together, I wasn't sure it was going to work, but the end result? I love it. This is the story of celebrating our second fourteenth wedding anniversary with a simple date night at California Pizza Kitchen, and it took me awhile to find a background paper to work with the colors in the photos, particularly the orange in my sweetheart's shirt. I think this gorgeous Pinkfresh Studios one works great, even though I was skeptical at first. Adding all the other elements, the stickers, the punched borders, the stamped faux stitching, the stickers for the title, even the journaling, made it come together so nicely.


Sweet Sunday


Finally, this page about the last day of the first Awesome Ladies Project retreat, Awesome Ladies Live. I've been wanting to use that background piece of patterned paper for quite awhile, and this page got that done with all kinds of lovely accent colors from several different collections, including several patterned paper scraps. I also used a lot of Jilliebean Soup die cuts and stickers and some puffy stickers from Freckled Fawn I've had for awhile. A happy layout from a very happy day.

1 comment: