Monday, April 6, 2020

Spring Unfolding

While the global pandemic has draped a heavy pall over our everyday lives, Nature continues awakening from her winter's nap. Daniel and I have gone on a few walks in the past few days, and here are three photos of spring unfolding in our neighborhood.


Any second, those daffodil buds are going to burst forth into a yellow so brilliant, it's almost hard to look at. These are in a neighbor's yard, but I noticed we have some in our front bed, too.


This leaf caught my eye as I walked past, the way the light caught in its gossamer surface. I don't know if this is a new leaf or an old one, but whether it is forging awake or lasted through the rigors of a Michigan winter, it looked like hope to me.


My sweetheart Daniel, with trees that look bare in the background, but there are thousands of little buds on them that will soon become leaves (some maybe flowers?). I must also note that sunshine, so rare where we live, and so, so welcome.

I look forward to seeing what other delights spring has to offer in our little corner of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment