Friday, May 24, 2019

Flashback on Friday - May 24


That's my Dad, standing in the front yard of the house in Florida where I grew up.

And that's about all I know for sure.

I know that my parents moved into that house between 1962 and 1964, and I can tell by one of the cars in the background that it's sometime in the 1960's.

But I have no idea exactly when.

What was my father photographing? The front of the new home he and my mother bought? Or was he taking a picture of Mom with their brand new baby boy, my older brother? Who took this photo? Why, exactly?

So many questions that make me remember how important it is for me to document my own photos and make sure that the part of the story the photo doesn't tell, is told in words.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you found this picture, but I agree that it is unfortunate that the story behind it is lost. I am very good about capturing moments and putting them into albums, but I almost never write about the experiences behind them. I need to start doing that.

    ReplyDelete