Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Pick of the Week - May 21

This week, I'm picking a page idea that I've done several times: using memorabilia as a design element.

Here's one of my favorite examples:


This is the title page for an album I made last year about turning 50, and what I like is that the memorabilia I incorporated into the page is not obvious. That large mermaid tail? I cut that out of a gift bag containing a present one of my friends gave me, and the circles were punched from that same bag.

Here's one with a more obvious piece of memorabilia:


Rather than tuck that birthday card into a box, I wanted to include it on the page about birthday presents I received early. I love the big bold statement it makes on the page, and I don't mind that I will have to slip the page out of the page protector to look at the inside of the card.

Here's one more layout incorporating a small piece of memorabilia:


On this page about getting my hair done with fashion colors, I included the appointment reminder card. Not only does it provide a design element, as well as some details about the event, it also lists the date.

Using memorabilia on scrapbook pages is something I really enjoy doing, especially in unexpected ways. Give it a try! Be creative!

I'll be sharing more of these kinds of pages soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment