Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Gratitude 5 - May 29


Five things in my life right now that make me want to say thanks...

1. Time off. I don't work outside the home, but Daniel does, and he got last Friday off, as well as Memorial Day. We didn't do anything extraordinary, but having extra time to be together is a delight for me. Any time I get to spend with Daniel makes me feel thankful.

2. Nature. Yesterday, we went exploring some parks near where we will be moving this summer, and it was warm and partly sunny. We walked together out into the greening wilderness where it was so quiet. I soaked up that moment, just being in the midst of the meadow. (Not even the tick that thought it was going to ride back home with us could totally spoil the memory of that moment.)

3. That I found the tick before it...well, you know...what ticks DO.

4. Being able to watch movies in our own home.

5. My health. I'm not in perfect health, but I am able to do pretty much everything I want, and that's a wonderful gift I know other people don't have, so I'm not taking it for granted.


No comments:

Post a Comment