Friday, August 10, 2012

At 44

At 44

(Supplies: Card stock by Recollections and Stampin' Up! Patterned paper by Little Yellow Bicycle, Echo Park Paper, DCWV, Making Memories, and unknown manufacturer. Butterfly die by Lifestyle Crafts [formerly QuicKutz]. Butterfly punch by Martha Stewart Crafts. Sentiment sticker by Little Yellow Bicycle. Letter and number stickers by American Crafts. Gems/pearls by Queen & Co. Ink by Ranger. Stamp by My Mind's Eye. Spray ink by Studio Calico.)

There's some old, old stuff on this page! Challenged to match the photo to patterned paper--there's a lot going on in that picture!--I raided the scrap basket and came up with some pieces I wasn't sure would work together, but I'm really happy with the finished page. This is a page I started doing once a year, usually with a birthday photo or one taken near that day. I like the opportunity to "check in" with myself as I get older, identify things that are important in my life with each passing year, see how I grow over time and what remains a struggle. Butterflies represent transformation and transition to me, so I definitely wanted them on this page.

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous my friend!!! Loooove all the butterflies. :)

    ReplyDelete