Monday, August 13, 2012

First Studio Calico Kit - 3 Layouts

The August kit at Studio Calico, which is already sold out--these kits are popular, scrappin' babes!--is the first one of my new subscription to the kit club. I wanted to try to create some layouts using just the main kit and the add-on I bought to go with it, but I wound up using a Studio Calico kit I purchased from Two Peas awhile back to supplement. So far, I've created four layouts. You can check out the first one on this post, and here are the other three:

Mother Daughter Smiles

(Supplies: Ink by Colorbox. Cardstock by Recollections. All other supplies, Studio Calico kits.)

At first, I wasn't sure the green and yellow would work together, but once I got the layout complete, I loved that contrast and how it complimented the other paper. Because I wanted to stick with the kit supplies as much as possible, I punched circles out of one of the patterned papers as embellishments. This is the only layout of the three that I didn't use any other supplies except for ink and a bit of card stock to matte the photos.

Two Sound Asleep

(Supplies: Ink by Colorbox. Buttons by Making Memories and unknown manufacturer. All other supplies, Studio Calico kits.)

I realize this is not a great photo, but I'm posting it anyway. I'm really digging the red in this kit, little splashes of it really brighten things up! And those chipboard buttons: adorable, no?

Oh, Oh, Oh, Cake!

(Supplies: Ink by Colorbox. Marker by Stampin' Up! Glitter by Stickles. All other supplies, Studio Calico kits.)

This is so different from my usual color style. I very rarely work with black and white. But I like how this layout turned out. Just enough red to brighten up the muted black and grey tones. I added frosted lace Stickles to the letters, as well as the chevron border on the left and the little bit of chevron paper at the top. It doesn't show up well in the photo, but in person, it adds just enough dimension.

And oh, that cake was yummy...

1 comment:

  1. These are all so amazing Mel! I absolutely LOVE the one of you and your mom. :)

    I'm SO jealous that you're subbing at SC...you go girl!! Did you stop your Cocoa Daisy sub or are you getting both now? Which do you like better? I really like the stamps at both places, hmmm. Advice on which I should go for when I start my sub one day? ;)

    ReplyDelete