Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Challenge Four

For our color adventure, we were challenged to scrap with grey, yellow, and one other color.

Hmm...

Now, I know that the grey-yellow combination has been all the rage, but it's not really my cup of tea, so this challenge was a bit, well, challenging for LaLa. :) I managed to make it work for me, though, taking cues from Shimelle, who mixed purple in with her grey and yellow.

My page:

(Supplies: Card stock and ribbon by Stampin' Up! Patterned paper by American Crafts and Echo Park. Letter stickers by Making Memories and American Crafts. Stamp by Stampology for Autumn Leaves. Ink by Tim Holtz Distress. Spray mist by Mister Huey for American Crafts and October Afternoon. Die cut paper, unknown manufacturer. Brads by Making Memories.)

I had one small scrap of patterned paper with grey in it. Just one, and that came as part of a kit. It's difficult to see in the photo, but I sprayed the die cut card stock with Mister Huey in Shine before putting the page together, and I mixed that with yellow spray ink for the sprinkles.

So, I can't say that I'm sold on the yellow-grey combination, but I like this page, and it's always good to push against the creative comfort zone a bit. You never know what you might discover!

No comments:

Post a Comment