Sunday, April 15, 2012

Inspiration Sunday - April 15

Last weekend, the cold virus that was flirting with me finally settled in for a three-four day romance, so my energy and inspiration levels were in a lull most of the week.

Until Friday, when Shimelle Laine's Scrapbooking Weekend started and a whirlwind of inspiration with it. The challenges really got my creative engines up to cruising speed, so be sure to check all of those out on Shimelle's blog. You have until sometime next week to play along.

In the course of working on some of those challenges, I came across some layouts that I really like. This one on Two Peas is simple and elegant, and I'm in the process of brainstorming how I'm going to scraplift it--you know, for a challenge!--and make it my own.

Then there are these layouts by Amy Tan that are so different from my style and inspiring me to think outside of my box, the whole point of that particular challenge. :) I just bought a package of Amy Tangerine embellishments at the sale at Archivers Thursday, just because I thought they were cool, and I wanted to stretch my creative muscles a bit. So what serendipity!

And speaking of inspiring challenges, I love this one at Burlap and Buttercups. I love to use lots of different patterned papers together, one of my favorite things about scrapbooking. Look for my entry for that challenge soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment