Sunday, April 22, 2012

Inspiration Sunday - April 22

What a whirlwind of scrapping productivity I had last week. Wow! Those challenges at Shimelle Laine's blog for the scrapbooking weekend, which turned out to be an entire week for me, really got my creative engines running.

Inspiration galore!

So, the first thing I want to share for Inspiration Sunday is the challenge that inspired me most.


That's the page I created in response to challenge number 3: mix your style with a look you haven't tried. I loved all the challenges, and I like all the pages I made for them, but this one stretched my creative comfort zone, and I think doing that makes me a better artist.

Another thing that really inspired me this past week was a blog post by Elise Blaha. I so often skim blog posts, but this one I read carefully, and I'm glad I did. What are the ways that you stay inspired? I'd sure love it if you posted a comment to share.

There's a new sketch site in the UK that I discovered in the past couple of days, Sketchbook 365 by Scrap 365. There's one nifty sketch posted there already that I think I'll take for a spin, see what I can do with it. I really dig sketches that provide dimensions.

What's inspiring you these days?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!

    I'm inspired a lot by the Amy Tangerine Sketchbook line -- which might be why I'm so drawn to this layout. Is the brick pattern a stamp or did you paint them freehand? I'm loving it, whatever you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Laurie! The brick pattern is a stencil fromt he Crafter's Workshop. Those things are all the rage right now, and I wanted to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete