Wednesday, August 7, 2013

3x4 Card Challenge

Next up, Shimelle challenged us to use three 3x4 cards in a layout, which gave me the opportunity to create a layout that's been on my list for quite awhile. I did not use My Own Kits for this; instead I chose some supplies from Jilliebean soup as my jumping off point, and here is the photo of the layout created from the sketch I used. (I wasn't able to get a good photo of the sketch as it was quite small on the page from Scrapbooks, Etc.,. magazine page.)


From the moment I saw this layout, I liked the design, the simplicity, the lines, the minimal embellishments. It was the perfect design for 3x4 cards, and here's what I did:

(Supplies: Card stock by The Paper Studio and Stampin' Up! Patterned paper and enamel dots by Basic Grey. Cut apart cards, letter stickers and die cuts by Jilliebean Soup. Stamps by American Crafts, Studio Calico, Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday, and Stampin' Up! Ink by Ranger and Stampin' Up!)

One of my favorite things on this layout is the card with the song lyric because I often sing that song to my husband Daniel, only I say, "no matter what color the skies are." :) I like to add little bits like that to my layouts, pieces of my personal life that usually only I or the people very close to me would recognize. Really happy with how this scraplift turned out, and with how popular those 3x4 cards are, I'm sure this is a design I could use again and again with a variety of results.

No comments:

Post a Comment