Monday, August 26, 2013

Hello Story - Week 7

For week 7 of the Hello Story class by Ali Edwards at Big Picture, our focus was pie charts. For a variety of reasons, mostly related to time constraints, I decided to use that focus as a design element only, as Ali did in one of her example layouts.

(Card stock by Coredinations. Patterned paper by Echo Park Paper. Stamps, linen thread and light blue button by Stampin' Up! Ink by Ranger. Green button by Crate Paper. Pink flower button by Bella Blvd. Light pink button, unknown manufacturer. Enamel dots by Basic Grey.)

Originally, I was going to use kraft card stock as the background, but I didn't quite dig the look, and when I tried it on white, it popped. The patterned paper came from my scrap basket, remnants of one of my favorite collections of all time, Echo Park's Country Drive. Adding a bit of a hand-drawn border was the perfect finishing touch.

The journaling was inspired by one of the strategies from the Grammar Free Journaling class, also at Big Picture, quizzes. Although these are statements, rather than questions, it still qualifies as a quiz and answers a challenge for the class.

The "pie charts" were a little bit tricky at first, but once I got the hang of it, I had a lot of fun putting this layout together, and looking at it makes me smile.

1 comment:

  1. Great layout - I agree that the white background makes your pie charts pop. I'm in Hello Story, too, but haven't really had a chance to work with the materials as it's been a busy summer. Hoping to participate in LSNED in September and start working at my own pace through the Hello Story materials.

    ReplyDelete