Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Supply You've Been Saving Challenge

Sometimes, I buy the CUTEST supply, something that just grabs my attention, and I feel like I just can't WAIT to use it...except I DO wait, and there it sits...sometimes in the bag with other pieces of the kit I've assembled.

I hear I'm not the only one. ;)

Shimelle challenged us to use something we've been hoar--er, saving on a layout. When I created My Own Kit for April, 2013, I included a Dear Lizzy mini-book with lots and lots of adorable pages that I figured I could tear out and use, especially since that would mean that torn-out edge so popular nowadays.

I went for it on this layout about my adorable niece Olivia:


I LOVE this layout. I really do, and I can tell you the times I feel that way about my own creations I can easily count on one hand. I like the colors. I love the title. I love those butterflies I've had for ages and how well they go with this page. What I love most is how easily this page just fell together. Seriously. I was sort of tidying up my workspace, and those two patterned papers were stacked on top of each other and looked so good together, I let that be my foundation for the page. The only supply here that wasn't in the kit, those Glitz letter and numeral stickers.

This makes me want to look for other supplies I've been saving and get those into action.

No comments:

Post a Comment