Sunday, August 11, 2013

Hello, Story - Week 4

The focus for Week 4 of the Hello, Story class by Ali Edwards at Big Picture was Time. One of Ali's prompts was to write a letter to time, using that as journaling on a page.


I was going to use a photo of myself, but I decided to go with this shot of the sun through the clouds, taken with my iPhone on one of my many, many trips to the hospital to visit my nephew, who is recovering from leukemia. The journaling is somewhat negative, I admit, but that's what's going on in my life right now.

One thing I really like about this layout is the use of the clock stamps. I could do that with other circular stamps, obscuring some of the image so that there's just a hint of it on the page. Supplies for this layout came from My Own Kit for April, 2013. I added the alphabet stamps by Studio Calico (look for those as part of an upcoming My Own Kit), the clock stamp by Hero Arts, and the photo corners by Recollections.

No comments:

Post a Comment